The green and wriggly broccoli is rich in nutrients and packs a powerful veggie punch.
- Along with the other members of its cruciferous family, like cabbage and cauliflower, broccoli is known to fight cancer cells. It is also helpful in boosting immunity.
- Broccoli is a wholesome food that has loads of fiber which not only keeps your digestive tract in optimum health, but also flushes out the cholesterol from your system.
- Broccoli has significant amounts of kaempferol that helps lessen the effects of allergies and inflammations. It is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids that are known for their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Broccoli is the richest in vitamin C among all the cruciferous family vegetables. It has a rich source of flavonoids that are known for their antioxidant activities.
- Broccoli is a rich source of vitamin K and calcium. Both of these are responsible for bone health and preventing osteoporosis.
- Broccoli contains sulforaphane. This is one of the isothiocyanates in broccoli that may be able to prevent or even reverse some of the damage to blood vessels caused by inflammation due to chronic blood sugar problems.
- Broccoli is a good source of carbs and is high in fiber. This aids in digestion, prevents constipation, maintains a low blood sugar, and curbs overeating.
Broccoli may get stuck in your teeth, but French Fries will get stuck in your thighs! Choose wisely, eat healthy!